Sunday, January 30, 2011

I So Want To Kick This Dude In The Head

I've never been much of a "people person" (Hubby calls me a "social ruhtard") and I tend to keep to myself... Probably because I have too many pet peeves. Just to name a few...

  • Personal Space:  When you're standing in a check-out line and the person behind you is standing so close you can feel their breath on your neck.  Really? Back the fuck up already!
  • All about me "conversations":  A conversation should be two ways... Talk a little about you and talk a little about me (and sometimes, talk about others)... Give and take.  Too often do I spend the majority of my time listening to someone go on and on about themselves and not once do they say "how was your weekend?" or "what's going on with you?".
  • Being talked down to:  FYI? I'm not a moron! It's not necessary for you to give me a play-by-play in anything you talk about unless I specifically ask for it.

So, yesterday morning, I had to run a few errands and because I got a late start, my first stop was the bank.  I walked in and explained to the Banker Dude that I needed a new ATM card.  And that's exactly what I said. Not a Debit or Check card but, an ATM card.  I kind of figured it would explain itself... Apparently, not! As this is where the third bullet point comes into play...

The Banker Dude starts off by saying there's a difference between an ATM card and a Check/Debit card (Um, yes I know).  He broke it down and told me that ATM cards are only to be used at the ATM machines, grocery stores, gas stations and other select stores and that I would need a personal pin to use them. That not all stores would accept "ATM cards" (Again, yes I know). So, once we established the difference between an ATM card and a Debit/Check card he moved on to taking my information for such ATM/Debit/Check card.  And this is how the story goes:

Banker Dude:  "Would you like the card for account #1 or account #2?"

Me:  "Well, I only have one account with your bank so I'm gonna go with account #1."

Banker Dude:  "It says here you have two accounts with us."

Me:  "No, it says that I have one account and I'm the beneficiary of another account. I'm the beneficiary, not the account holder."

Banker Dude: (Looking at me like I'm not very smart) "Well, you may be a beneficiary but it's still considered an account."

Me: "OK, well why don't you give me a card for that account, too, and see what the Account Holder has to say about it?"

Banker Dude: (Huffy) "OK, so account #1."

Me: (thinking "dumbass":) "YUP, account #1."

Banker Dude:  "I see that this is a joint account. Does the other account holder have an ATM/Debit/Check card as well?"

Me:  "Yes? Does that matter? Are we only allowed one ATM/Check/Debit card per account?"

Banker Dude: "Oh, not at all. But, you know that when you have two people on the same account and each has an ATM/Debit/Check Card, you will need to be in sync. If you're not each jotting down your receipts in the check register then next thing you know you're bouncing checks and adding up bank fees."

Me: (staring at him in silence)

*I so want to kick this dude in the head.*

Me:  "I just need an ATM/Debit/Check card."

Banker Dude:  "Well, OK then."

I mean seriously, what IS his problem?  I go in to get an ATM card and come out with a crash-course in Managing Your Finances.  I've never been one to think that a man would talk down to me because I'm a woman or I look a certain way (believe me, I know some people that think this. They swear it's because they're a woman or even funnier... short.) but more because they have some little dick superiority complex. The kind of person that feels the need to control everything or just likes to hear themselves talk.  And I knew that this was exactly this dudes deal because after all was finished, I got up to leave and he shook my hand and said the following...

Banker Dude:  "Be careful out there in this weather.  Who knows if we'll get any accumulation.  Times like this, I take my kids' car keys from them.  I don't let them drive in any kind of weather.  They get mad but, they'll realize I'm trying to keep them safe and thank me for it later."

I swear, if this man was my father, I'd take the easy way out and plow my car into a concrete wall going 80 mph before he got a chance to take away my car keys... Asshole!!!

Maybe, I should just stick to having Hubby tag-along with me to things like this... When he's in the company of morons, he likes to address these idiots with words like "Champ" and "Boss" and "Chief"... I'm so amused because I know that the moron knows he's being talked down to :)

 Photobucket

Much Love,
Your Favorite Crazy Woman XOXO

2 comments:

StephanieC said...

Bwahahaha.. why are so many people in the customer-service industry when they are utter douche bags?

Seriously?

I hate being talked down to. It happens all the time and I don't have the balls to speak up.

And that picture is fantastic. Huy-yah!

zunnur said...

What an experience :)
I guess this guy just needed someone to talk to...
I too hate people getting too close to me in a queue but I hate most people who simply cut queues, these are the morons :)

Post a Comment